Friday, April 18, 2014

Bad Haiku about: Superhero Movies (VI)

The skiing conditions were sub-par last Sunday so instead I took myself to a matinee of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.  There's nothing I can say here that hasn't been said elsewhere - pretty good movie, Captain America is a decent, solid man confused and conflicted by our confusing and conflicted times, slight commentary about current drone warfare, blah blah blah.  I liked it - and liked the Winter Soldier's screechy techno-ish score - but found it a bit of a downer.  I know it's all a build-up to the next Avengers movie and so on, but still, I like my superhero movies to be uplifting and, you know, quippy.

Cap is a good guy
but Black Widow was
the best part for sure

That Anthony Mackie/Falcon was pretty darn adorable too - glad he's joined the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment